As a Multimedia Intern, you’ll help share the endless stories that surround Maji Mazuri’s work. You’ll spend the bulk of your time transcribing, copy-editing, organizing media assets and interviewing Maji Mazuri supporters, but you’ll also have the chance to concept and produce a multimedia project or two of your own to run on our blog.
- Help organize our media database (videos, photos, text).
- Write and edit copy for all kinds of projects.
- Prep photos and videos for our Development and Communications teams.
- Research info we need for stories and blog posts.
- Transcribe interviews from our trips to communities around the world.
- Interview Maji Mazuri participants, supporters, staff and fundraisers.
- Write/design blog posts to share their stories.
- Edit and schedule our Photos of the Day and other ongoing blog or social media series.
- Help monitor our social media presence.
- Help collect audio or images of our events, when necessary.
You’re a multimedia storyteller.
You’re curious, passionate about the power of stories and you check your facts. You can assist in shooting photo and video when needed. A journalism background (student work or newsroom experience) is preferred.
You’re picky about writing, and it counts.
You’re a meticulous copyeditor. No misspelled word or grammar blunder can slip under your radar. “Styleguide” might be your middle name.
You catch onto a written ‘voice’ quickly.
You’re confident you could take on the Maji Mazuri tone in your writing within a few weeks. You’re good at keeping explanations simple and weeding out the boring details to share compelling info and stories.
You love organizing things that need it.
You know the importance of an organized database of media. You’ll work hours, days or even weeks to make sure the best photos and videos are readily accessible, searchable and always credited to the right photographer/videographer.
You’re a multitasking machine.
You prioritize so you can handle a wide range of small projects at the same time without overlooking anything.
If you were working in a forest… you’d still be working.
You tackle your work without constant supervision. You relish the chance to own projects and you’re confident that the end result will speak for itself.
You know the tools needed to get the job done.
You’re good with Photoshop and Final Cut Pro. You’ve used WordPress before (and if not, you can figure it out).
We’re looking for one intern to start ASAP. Ideally, you’d work 2-3 full days a week. Dates and times are flexible.
Our internship is unpaid, but we can work with your institution to give you academic credit for your experience. We’ll provide you professional development training through various workshops where available.
Please send a email telling us why you think storytelling is important to Maji Mazuri’s work, along with a link to your portfolio, to email@example.com.