As the Digital Community Intern, you’ll help us manage our ever-expanding community of fundraisers on majimazuri.org. You’ll also get to research, analyze and help us recognize successful campaign ideas. As a main point of contact for our fundraisers, your suggestions and feedback will be valued and use by our Digital Director.
- Answer firstname.lastname@example.org emails for technical
- Maintain (love, enjoy and savor!) Maji Mazuri’s relationships with our individual fundraisers — they’re the core of what we do!
- Monitor fundraising campaigns and online conversations to get a sense of their stories and their missions.
- Help with fundraiser outreach: offer ideas, answer questions about our guidelines, provide info and donor support wherever it’s needed.
- Manage and analyze data on successful fundraising.
- Research digital strategies and how we can better support our online community.
- Come up with and pitch ideas to expand our individual fundraising campaign outreach and improve the overall fundraising experience.
- Handle admin and customer service tasks.
You’re a mover and a shaker.
You’re eager to learn. You’re inspired to change the world. You know that funding water projects in developing nations can do this. You’re committed to Maji Mazuri’s mission and passionate about positive social change.
You’re articulate, direct and professional.
You’re more than capable of providing information concisely and effectively to everyone reaching out to Maji Mazuri for help. You make sure you know the situation or data inside and out before communicating it to donors or staff.
You ask questions.
You don’t assume. Instead, you learn a system inside and out so you can make the most of your experience. You’re not afraid to say you don’t know. You see critique as a good thing and hope to learn from it.
You have the basics down pat.
You know how to best use Microsoft Word, Excel and online tools to manage data and contact info. You’re a master as using sorting in Excel to make info easy to find.
You’re independent and self-motivated.
You can handle a bunch of tasks without constant supervision. You relish the chance to own your projects — you’re confident and capable of representing Maji Mazuri to our most passionate supporters.
We’re looking for one intern to start ASAP. We’ll need you for 10-15 hours a week, 2-3 days a week.
This is an unpaid internship but is an exceptional opportunity to gain development experience at an international non-profit with an ambitious mission. And we can work with your institution to give you academic credit for your experience. We’ll provide you professional development training through various workshops where available.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.