Art can make a HUGE difference in a youths’ developmental skills and knowledge.
Educating youth on the importance of self expression, cultivating creativity and helping them gain fundamental skills is powerfully impactful and empowering. The goal is create a weekly class which will provide the fundamental skills and knowledge for youth. Youth will get an introduction to the world of art! They will be taught how to use art as a creative and productive outlet to express themselves. We will use their interest in art as the foundation to teach and advance their practical knowledge and life skills. Having someone experienced with an art background to guide and cultivate the skills necessary to excel not just in art but gain confidence to face life.
Through this crowd-funding campaign, the materials and equipment needed for class and weekly projects will be provided. We will also feature guest speakers with a wealth of experience in the creative field who will visit and share their experience with the class. At the end of each course an Art show will be held for youth to share their work with family, friends and community.
With your contribution we will be able to get the space needed for weekly art classes, as well as purchase the supplies and materials needed to launch and maintain this program.
More specifically your contributions will help us purchase:
- Pens and Pencils
- Color Pencils and Crayons
- Watercolor Paints
- Acrylic and Oil Paints
- Paint Brushes and Sponges
- Gloves and Smocks
- Flat Wood (for painting)
- A LOT of Construction Paper
- The creation and maintenance of an art space on the Maji Mazuri Website
Here Are Other Ways You Can Help
Help us get the word out about this program and our crowdfunding campaign by telling your family, friends, co-workers, and the guy eating next to you at Subway:
- Post this link on your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and LinkedIn)
- Write a post about this exciting project on your blog, include the link, and encourage people to make a contribution.
- Write a post about this project on blogs that you follow, include the link, and encourage people to make a contribution.
- Begin a thread about this project on art community forums, include the link, and encourage people to make a contribution.
- Email your friends, family, colleagues, and neighbors and include the link to this crowdfunding campaign. The more people who see this page, the more likely we are to meet this exciting goal and change the lives of many children.
- Embed this link on your website’s homepage.